If you cannot find the answer to your questions or just need some guidance from us please get in contact with us via our Contact us and book an appointment page.
Will we sell your car?
I have outstanding finance against my car. Can you still sell it for me?
A: We understand that there are some vehicles that do have outstanding finance against them and so we can arrange the settlement of any outstanding finance on your car once we have found a buyer because once they transfer the money to wesellanycarprivately.com we will settle the finance ourselves and then provide the buyer with a clearance letter.
Do you buy cars with private registration plates?
A: We’ll be happy to sell your car with a personalised registration if you have no interest in keeping it. However, if you wish to keep your personalized registration it’s easy to transfer it to another car or put the registration onto a retention certificate so that it can be sold or reassigned at a later date. The fee to transfer a personalised registration to another vehicle is £80.00. If you would like to retain the number and put it on retention the fee is £105.00 (this includes the £80.00 transfer fee and a £25.00 retention fee to retain it for a year).
To find out more about personalised registrations and to locate your local DVLA office, visit the DVLA website
What if my car is an import?
There are two types of import: a “parallel” import (a car purchased within the EU) and a “grey” import (a car purchased outside of the EU).
Will you sell my company car?
• A letter signed from the company director giving authorisation for that person to sell on their behalf.
• Company account details e.g. bank paying in book or company bank statement.
• One form of identification for the business address.
• Both sets of car keys if available.
• All service history and MOT certificates if available.
• V5 logbook/registration certificate registered in the companies name and address.
Can the valuation you give me change?
If once we’ve inspected your vehicle we feel that its value is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any non standard modifications we will let you know before we agree to act as your agent and sell it. If there is any damage on your car we can also arrange for it to be repaired prior to photographing and advertising it. Please see our What if there is any damage on my car section
We guarantee we are willing to sell any car if we feel you’ll get a better return. However, we will also be honest with you if we feel that it would be waste your time.
What if there is any damage on my car?
Is there a transaction fee?
Is there a fee if I decide not to sell my car through you?
What about the value of my remaining road tax?
Getting a valuation
1. Enter your car’s registration number into our website.
2. Provide us with the correct mileage
3. Leave your contact details so that we can get in touch with you.
Once we’ve been in touch with you and have taken all the information about your car into account we’ll give you a valuation. This process is completely free of charge and there is no obligation for us to act as your agent after this time.
I received a valuation from wesellanycarprivately.com a few months ago, is it still valid?
Will you offer to buy my car if I need to dispose of it sooner?
How do you calculate the valuation for my car?
Our team of expert vehicle sales executives take all of the details that you give us into account and individually price your car based on the information provided.
A friend or family member has passed away, what happens to their car?
I am moving abroad, what should I do with the car?
Making an appointment
How do I make an appointment for you to come and inspect my car?
Can I just turn up at your business address?
Can I keep my car whilst it is being advertised?
What do I need to have at an appointment?
• Two forms of identification – One must be an original photo ID such as a passport or photo card driving licence. You must also provide a proof of address item; accepted forms include a utility bill or council tax letter dated within the last 90 days. Please note they must match the name and address on the logbook (V5/C).
• Both sets of car keys if available. The valuations we provide mean you have to have two sets of keys for your vehicle. Please note that if this is not the case and you only have one key for your vehicle the price we value your car at after inspection may be reduced because replacement keys can be very costly and can have a detriment effect at point of sale.
• All service history and MOT certificates if available.
• Bank details for an account in the name of the legal owner.
• V5 logbook/registration certificate which must be registered in the name of the current keeper. If the V5 logbook/registration certificate is still in the owner’s maiden name, you will need to bring a copy of your marriage certificate.
• If the vehicle has any finance outstanding we will require a letter with the settlement figure from the finance company.
Don’t forget to take out all of your personal belongs before we arrive.
How long should my appointment take?
What should I expect at an appointment?
If you’re happy and decide to allow us to sell your car for you, we will complete the paperwork and take your car away to get the ball rolling. This whole process should take no longer than 30 minutes.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
What if the V5/C registration document is not in my name?
What if I have only recently become the registered keeper (less than 3 months)?
If we require anything in addition to your purchase invoice, we will endeavour to advise you prior to your appointment.
What if I don’t have a V5 registration document?
If you do not have one you can obtain a new document by filling in form V62 which you can download from the DVLA or pick up from any Post Office. The completed form and appropriate fee should be sent to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AR. It normally takes 3 to 4 weeks to obtain a new V5.
How can I be sure that I will receive payment?
How will you pay me?
We’ll arrange payment direct to your bank account using the faster payment serviced offered so that the funds should be with you within 24 hours of a sale being concluded. There is no charge for this service and it protects you from the risk of carrying around large sums of cash or losing a cheque.
When will I receive the money?
What if I owe more than the car is worth?
I am not the legal owner of the vehicle; will you pay the sale money into my bank account?
Why do you need my email address and telephone number?
Please note, we fully adhere to the 1998 Data Protection Act and will not divulge any of your personal details to third parties.
How do I unsubscribe from emails?
What do I do if I’m unhappy with wesellanycarprivately.com?
I have not received my valuation!
Alternatively drop us a line via the contact box below and we will come back to you shortly.